Friday, July 29, 2016

Staying The Course

So my family has gone through a personal crisis over the last few weeks.  I am not going to go into the private details but it is a situation that has put us all in a bad place mentally and emotionally.  I had never thought of myself before surgery as an emotional eater but as I am now working through a major potentially life altering event that impacts everyone in my family I realize just how easy it could be to be an emotional eater.  When this event occurred two weeks ago at first I couldn't even think to eat.  I was so upset I was just sick at my stomach all the time.  After a few days I forced myself to start to eat some because if I don't eat and drink water and stay healthy I will end up making more problems because I will just end up in the hospital dehydrated and that will not help my family in the least.  Then as a few days went by I started to want to eat junk.  I started to think how good that some of the chocolate homemade moose type filling would be that I use when I make cakes.  So I made some.  But here is the thing, even though I did make a bit I only made literally two table spoons worth and that is all I allowed myself to have.  I still counted it in my totals for the day in my food tracking.  And I have still lost a few pounds in the last few weeks.  It has been hard to find the motivation to do much of anything while dealing with this situation but I have to keep reminding myself that through it all God is in control first of all, we will survive no matter what life throws at us secondly, and last of all I am worth the continued effort to get to a healthy weight and be the best I can possibly be for my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment