Sunday, September 13, 2015

Pre-op and stress

The pre-op appointment went well. It was the usual stuff talking about what to expect at the hospital and what to bring etc. Then I met with the surgeon and he reassured me that he was confident that all will go well. That was pretty basic, what I was not expecting was the emotional roller coaster that I have been on now that I am just two weeks away from surgery. I am good with the surgery itself but my emotions are nuts because I am just so stinking mad at me for needing surgery to get to a healthy weight. Why can't I just eat less and be ok on my own? Why did I let myself get so far gone? It would be easy to blame the eating habits that I grew up with but as an adult I have not done much to improve it. I still find myself eating just simply too much and not feeling when I should stop.  That's why this surgery is so important to me so that I will feel when I need to stop and have the restriction that I need to get in control finally.  I pray that I am one of the ones who has the strong restriction.

No comments:

Post a Comment