Sunday, January 31, 2016

Who am I

So in the online forum that I am part of another member presented the question the other day of ,"who will you be once you lose the weight".  This has gotten me thinking. Who am I and who will I be when I finish this journey? I mean who have I been up to now? I am a child of God, a mother, a sister, a friend...etc. but while those things help describe me who am I really? For many years I feel that I was defined by the fact that I was a single mom who was putting herself through college while working and taking care of my children. I finished college and so I have had to work on finding myself again. But by the time I needed to figure out who I was, I was so overweight and depressed that all I did was exist and not live. I went through the motions and that was it for a long time. Despite everything as I now am losing a great deal of weight I am finding that I am an engertic person who still does everything for her family but finally realizes that I am worth the effort to get healthy. I am finding that as I lose weight I am more outgoing and I am fun and funny. I still have a ways to go but though this I am discovering that I am worthy of love and friendship and that I may just like myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment