Sunday, March 26, 2017

Vacation Victory


This past week my kids were on spring break and I had saved back a little money to take them on a small vacation to the mountains. In times past when we would go I would keep up with my family but it was a struggle and I would have to have lots of breaks to sit down and rest. I also had so many issues with IBSD that I was miserable and very often in a great deal of pain and sickness that would cause me to miss out on fun and activities with my kids. 

This trip was the first time in my life I have ever gone as an "average" size person. Due to not carrying around all the extra weight I had a ton more energy. We walked and walked and walked all day every day. Everywhere in the mountains also has tons of stairs and I had no problems keeping up with the physical demands of the trip. There were some days that my tracker counted between 11 & 15 flights of stairs! It was amazing when my two teenage kids were wore out and I was still ready to keep going. This, I believe, has been one of the very best non-scale victories yet.  I look forward to having many more adventures that I am able to fully enjoy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment