Thursday, July 23, 2015

Fear

Ok so as I obcess over every aspect of this procedure and all things associated with getting this done I have found that the only real fear about it I have are two vanity issues. Is that crazy or does that make me sound horrible? I'm not scared of the surgery or changing my eating habits and all of that. I look forward to that. My fear is that when I lose half my current body weight that 1) I'm gonna lose hair which will leave me very self conscious and 2) that I'm gonna look like a overstretched deflated balloon when I'm done and be all saggy loose skin. I have already been trying to take things like Biotein for hair, skin, and nails. I have also been using a firming lotion at least a few times a day to help with the toning of skin. But I was watching one of the tv weight loss shows last night and the woman had similar stats to me when she started losing. She did not have surgery to lose weight but did tons of exercise and nutrition over a year and got down to my dream weight of about 145lbs. Toward the end of the show they take her to a plastic surgeon to see if she qualifies for skin removal surgery. Of course she did but when she took off her top for the exam her tummy and thighs looked so bad due to all the extra stretched out skin. Don't get me wrong, this lady did an amazing job and she was beautiful but all that saggy skin was rough looking.  I know that I will have no way to do plastic surgery to take care of that if it happens when I'm done. I honestly don't know that I'd want more surgery even if I had the money. Uh....off to research more ways to prevent saggy skin. 

No comments:

Post a Comment